The Christ the King Pro-Life Action Committee meets quarterly as needed. Notices will be in the bulletin when a meeting is scheduled. All are welcome! Volunteers are needed for many of our activities and some activities are appropriate for families to do together. For more information, including information about our current activities,
- Look at the Announcements listed on the Christ the King home page,
- Check out the latest bulletin, or
- Contact Brigid Kowalczyk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-474-3209)
We consider the pro-life issue, namely abortion, to be our priority and are continually assessing whether we as a Christian community are living up to God’s calling in how we respond to this issue. From that assessment we make recommendations for activities/actions that support the ending of abortion. Other issues are also important and are given consideration as well, such as euthanasia, human trafficking, chastity, and birth control.
- To educate CTK parishioners about Pro-Life issues: abortion, euthanasia, human trafficking, embryonic stem cell research, chastity, and birth control.
- To promote opportunities to actively participate in Pro-Life causes, events, and activities.
- To support CTK parishioners who are engaged in Pro-Life activities; to draw in, empower, and encourage other parishioners to do the same.
Ways for Parishioners to Get Involved
We encourage all parishioner to pray for the end of abortion, especially through
- Prayer cards in the Adoration Chapel
- Daily Pro-Life Rosary at home with your family
Collecting Baby Items
We collect baby items which are given to Family Life Services, Hope Clinic, and Guadalupe Workers for their work with the poor and needy.
Supporting 40 Days for Life
We encourage people to participate in the Ann Arbor 40 Days for Life campaigns that happen in the Spring during Lent and the Fall from late September to early November. Hourly prayer times are from 7 am to 7 pm daily.
To sign up just before or during a campaign, go to 40daysforlife.com/browse-campaigns. If you need help signing up or would like someone to go with you the first time, contact Brigid (email@example.com or 734-474-3209).
Participating in Other Events and Groups
- Life Chain: the first Sunday in October
- March for Life: January with trips to Chicago and Washington DC.
- Sidewalk Advocates for Life: offers training to anyone interested in going to Planned Parenthood to encourage abortion-minded women to choose life. Email Paul & Kathy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for dates for the next training. SAFL-trained counselors are in front of Planned Parenthood year-round.
- Fight against Human Trafficking: recommended groups that work for justice include Sparrow Freedom Project, Sanctum House, and Pearls of Great Price Coalition. Contact Carol Love for information: email@example.com.
Maintaining Information Centers
- Pro-Life Resource Center is located located in the Narthex on the wall by the elevator. Please feel free to share any of the items there with curious friends and relatives. If you have any questions, contact Marge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Pro-Life Library has books on a range of pro-life topics to borrow and return. It is located in the Parish Library near the front office of the Parish Center.
- Family Friendly DVDs are also available. There is a library cart at Coffee and Donuts on the 2nd Sunday of the month. For information about these offerings contact Mariel at email@example.com.
Donations of pro-life materials are always accepted: books, audiobooks, and DVDs. For information about donating materials to the Pro-Life Library or library cart, please contact Mariel at firstname.lastname@example.org.