Thanks to some generous donors, Christ the King has a new assisted listening system. It includes 8 receivers that can be used with an over-the-ear speaker or with hearing aids with T-coil technology. The devices are available in the Ushers Room across from the St. John Paul the Great Room, the same room where the old receivers were kept.
Here is some basic information about using the new receivers:
- Please use the sign-out sheet to check out a receiver.
- The receivers have rechargeable batteries installed. When you pull a receiver off the charger tray, it will automatically turn on.
- The correct channel is already set, so there will be no need to change channels on the receiver.
- There are three options for using the receiver:
- We offer an over-the-ear speaker with an extension cable that plugs into the receiver.
- We also offer an Ear Phone / Neck Loop Lanyard for those with T-coil enabled hearing aids or cochlear implants.
- Listeners can also use their own earbuds or headphones with a standard 3.5mm plug.
- To adjust the volume, use the two buttons on the front of the receiver.
- Please return the receiver to the charger tray when you have finished using it.
The wifi option that works with smartphones is not yet available, but we hope to have it up and working with our system soon.
For more information, you can download a pdf file of the quick start guide by clicking here.
For more detailed information, you can download a pdf file of the complete user’s manual by clicking here.