Hope Clinic is expanding its Thanksgiving Food Distribution Program, and they need your help to do it! This year, clients will be eligible for their normal November Food Pantry appointment PLUS a special box of Thanksgiving items that they can pick up the week before the holiday. You can help in one of two ways:
1. Prepare Thanksgiving Boxes
Hope needs volunteers to prepare one or more special Thanksgiving boxes and bring them to Hope on the evening of Nov. 21 or Nov. 24 or the morning of Nov. 22 or Nov. 25. Each box should have:
- 1 Frozen Turkey
- 1 can of gravy (or packet dry mix)
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 2 cans green beans
- 1 can french fried onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can pumpkin/pie filling
- 1 crust/bake mix
- 2 cans other vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, etc).
You must contact Food Distribution Manager Emmeline (734-484-2989 or firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to let her know how many boxes you will be bringing so that they are able to plan.
You must be able to deliver the box(es) during the designated times as they don’t have storage space to receive them any sooner.
Please put only the items listed above in the boxes as they would like them to be consistent. You are welcome to donate a separate bag with other Thanksgiving favorites like yams, marshmallows, mac & cheese, cornbread mix, apple cider, etc. Those items will go in the pantry during the month for clients to choose for themselves.
2. Volunteer before and during the Thanksgiving Box distribution
They will need at least 10 volunteers during each of the following days and times:
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 6:30-8:30 pm – Food drop off and organization
- Friday, Nov. 22, 8:30 am-12:30 pm – Food distribution
- Sunday, Nov. 24, 6:30-8:30 pm – Food drop off and organization
- Monday, Nov. 25, 8:30 am-12:30 pm – Food distribution
Ready to get involved? Contact Hope Food Program Manager Emmeline (email@example.com or 734-484-2989) to get more details.