The deadline for registered parishioners to submit requests for financial assistance for all Catholic schools, including home schools, for the 2019-2020 school year has been extended to Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
REMINDER: You must first apply to your respective school, including filing the necessary financial assessment forms, before applying to Christ the King. After the school has notified you of its financial aid award, if any, then, if additional financial assistance is needed, apply to the parish for assistance.
NEW APPLICATION PROCESS: This year we are using an online application form to simplify the process. This form is for all those applying for subsidies, regardless of the type of Catholic school your children attend. You may access the form by clicking here. Please do not email Fr. Ed directly with your request. If you have already emailed Fr. Ed directly, please fill out this form anyway.
SPECIFIC AMOUNT: As in the past, please ask for a specific dollar amount for each child for whom aid is being requested. Please do not say, “Whatever is available,” etc.
PARISH MEMBERSHIP: Fr. Ed wrote about what constitutes parish membership in an article that was stuffed into the May 6, 2018 bulletin. Parish membership will be assessed based on the criteria in that article. Please read the article before applying; you may download a copy by clicking here.
Guidelines for Receiving Aid
The basic guidelines for receiving this aid are given below.
- The parish’s assistance is limited to registered parishioners of Christ the King with students in kindergarten through 12th grade who are parish members as described in the parish membership article noted above.
- Financial assistance is available to students of any Catholic school recognized as a Catholic school by either the Diocese of Lansing or the Archdiocese of Detroit. This includes independent Catholic schools such as St. Catherine of Siena Academy and Huron Valley Catholic School, as well as diocesan schools such as Father Gabriel Richard High School and parish-based schools such as St. Francis Elementary School. Because the Diocese of Lansing now recognizes homeschooling as an acceptable Catholic education option, we also make financial assistance available to homeschoolers.
- The assistance for Catholic schools is limited to help with tuition. Other Catholic school fees and expenses are not eligible for the parish assistance.
- The assistance is limited to tuition associated with the 2019-2020 school year. No assistance is available for previous years’ expenses.
- The amount of the school assistance a given family receives will be based on three factors: the amount budgeted by the parish for Catholic education assistance; the amount of actual need determined by the financial assessment; and the amount requested.
- Only those families whose requests are received by the deadline of Tuesday, June 25, 2019, will be considered.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Fr. Ed at email@example.com.